The mission of the Hiram Police Department is to serve the community with professional police service through partnerships with residents and businesses to provide a safe and secure environment through the delivery of fair and impartial police services and proactive problem solving.
Hiram Police Department Core Values:
We, the Hiram Police Department, show in our words and actions that we value:
- Commitment – to the highest levels of professionalism with honesty and truthfulness in our actions.
- Obligation - to serve the community with respect and dignity.
- Perseverance – towards the diligent pursuit of our organizational mission and vision despite hardships, obstacles, or opposition.
- Service – through acting professionally with the interest of the community foremost by providing impartial and fair police services.
These things constitute the Core Values by which we live as officers of the Hiram Police Department.
DivisionsThe Police Department is divided into two divisions, and has an administrative side:
- Uniform Patrol
- Special Operations
- Traffic Enforcement Unit
- Criminal Investigations
- Code Enforcement
- Support Services (administrative side)
- Alcohol Server Permitting
- Pawn Shop Employee Permits
- Background Checks, Fingerprinting and Report copies
- Property Retrieval