Existing Businesses - Occupational Tax Certificate Renewals
2023 OCCUPATIONAL TAX CERTIFICATE RENEWALS
Occupational Tax Certificate Clerk
217 Main St.
Hiram, GA 30141
Ph: (770) 943-3726 ext. 2013
Fx: (770) 439-2372
HoursMonday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Closed for Lunch
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm Daily
**2022 Occupation Tax Certificates Expire 12/31/2022**1) Your 2023 Occupation Tax Certificate Renewal Form was mailed and emailed to you. Please review your renewal carefully and make all updates to the information on the application form itself; be sure the applicant completes/changes the applicant information section and be sure the email address provided is up-to-date. See below for a renewal instruction sheet.
2) S.A.V.E. Affidavit, along with a secure and verifiable document, such as a Driver's License. If you have previously submitted a S.A.V.E. affidavit indicating that you are a U.S. Citizen, along with a secure and verifiable document, you need not submit these again. If you are not a U.S. Citizen, you must submit these each year along with acceptable immigration documentation that will be verified through the U.S.C.I.S. Please see the "Occupational Tax FAQ" document below for more information, including a list of acceptable secure and verifiable documents. See below for the affidavit.
3) E-Verify Affidavit: If you have previously submitted an E-Verify affidavit of compliance, with your E-Verify number and date of authorization, your E-Verify number should be pre-printed on your renewal; if this number hasn't changed, you don't need to submit another affidavit. If you are exempt, you must complete an affidavit each and every year. See below for the affidavit.
Click here for a Renewal Instruction Sheet as well as the S.A.V.E. and E-Verify affidavits.
4) As required by Georgia State Law, the S.A.V.E. and E-Verify Affidavits must be notarized, as well as the renewal form.
5) For a home business, please fill out the: Home Office Compliance Acknowledgement
6) Remember to include a copy of all required State Professional Licenses, Food Service Permits, Food Sales Establishment licenses, etc.
Applications must be filled out and returned to Hiram City Hall, ATTN: Occupational Tax Certificate Clerk, 217 Main Street, Hiram, GA 30141. Applications received after 4/1/2023 will be assessed a late penalty of 10% of the Tax amount due and begin accruing 1.5% interest each month.
Please review for Additional Information: Occupational Tax FAQ